Sunday 30 October 2011

What's in a name? Please help!

I've been out of action with a horrid cold (combined with aches and pains like you wouldn't believe) .... uugghh! I've been trying to cheer myself up by thinking about a new name for myself. Hilarious I know! Don't get me wrong, I love my name, but now that I am putting more of my efforts into my vintage interests, I've noticed that most of my peers have burlesque-type or unusual exotic names. 
Here's the thing: I've almost finished my 'sister-website' called VaVaVoom Vintage. It should be launched any day now. Whilst I've been unable to mix with clients (I'm considerate like that) due to nasty bugs, I have been getting the website ready for viewing. But my name (Alison McMath) doesn't appear to fit with the image I want to portray, which is pinup makeovers, vintage photo shoots etc.
My best friend always calls me 'Alice' so I thought I could incorporate that (it's close to my real name anyway). It's got an old fashioned vibe and was the name of my Grandma (see below).
Alice (Madeline Alicia)
But what to put with it!?
Here's what I've come up with so far:
Alice Von Band (don't laugh)
Alice in MakeupLand (don't laugh again)
Alice Rose (shut it)
Alice Blush (yeh, ok you can stop now)
Please! I need help and guidence to find a name that sounds cool like everyone elses :-|
Plus, how easy is it to change your name anyway? I don't want to change it by deed poll. It would just be for business.
I look forward to hearing your ideas.
Yours,
Alice .... ?


14 comments:

  1. I like Alice Rose - its sounds classy and like a burlesque pseudonym. My real name is pretty boring too, but to be honest a lot of people call me Dolly now which I quite like! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks 'Dolly' ;)) I've just had a suggestion of Alicia Belle, which has quite a 'ring' to it ... no? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Some ideas.. Alice Angeline, Alice Tolouse (Ala Monsieur LeTrec), and Alice Aurora. Classy, feminine and french!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much better than mine! Thank you Karen :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hhhhhhmmmmm- you could call the business Alices looking glass? As a name.... Alice Palace? (don't laugh!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. .... just a grin then? I already have a name for the business but good effort, thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alicia Rouge?
    I need new photos for this one (any excuse) ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just call me 'Alice Kitty Wink' xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like Kitty Wink! Signed up for the Network group too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool Dolly! ... EErrm, I mean Dolly Cool ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like Alice Rose, sounds very glamorous and elegant :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you very much for that lovely comment. It's weird how something bad can turn your life around - to the better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are very welcome .... positive spirit and determination xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Update!! My new name has also brought a new business name .... Kitty Wink Vintage

    ReplyDelete